Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hacked my Classic-sized 2PPD Simplicity pages by Franklin Covey

Took a polypropylene folder and cut it down to fit, then had gal at Office Max spiral bind this for $3.50.  Just trying it out to see if I would like it to carry around in my purse to give me more room that the DayTimer pages I JUST posted about two posts ago.  I decided to try this before spending a bunch of cash on the Classic-sized Franklin Cover 2PPD Metropolitan, which comes in one-month wire-bound allotments.


I like the inside vertical pocket (it's actually a horizontal pocket in its original incarnation.


This picture is turned around and I don't want to bother re-orienting it, too much trouble.  Note that the spiral binding, as opposed to wire-binding, makes the left and right pages lay unaligned when open.  I don't like that.  However, not a deal-breaker.  The deal breaker is that, after trying this out, I prefer DayTimer/Fossil wallet combo because the wallet closes easily and protects the pages AND, especially, the wallet pockets hold a variety of writing implements so paper and pencils/pens are always together.



2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. I always wondered what it would cost to have something like that done. Not bad.

    Interesting to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I just read your post about how not everyone needs to de-clutter and appreciated the 'to each his own' sentiment. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete