Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day-Timer customer service and page lifters - superb!


I love the customer service at Day-Timer, it's the best.  I've called them at least four or five times and they are always so patient!  They must have special training in how to handle us freaks who are about to cry because the paper on the wirebound two-pages-per-day isn't as smooth as they expected!  Haha!  Yes, that was me, and she offered to let me return the whole thing, but I decided I could live with it and - what do you know! - the next month's worth of pages was as smooth as a river rock.  As were all the rest.

Anyway, the point of this post is to share the fact that when I last called DT to ask if they sold page lifters (I had ONE from a cheapie DT binder I bought at Staples, the kind where the pages are undated and they include three different formats so you can try them out... be aware that the quality of the dated pages is better than the undated pages), and they said no, they don't sell them, they are only included in the binders they sell.  I was disappointed, because they are hard plastic and make for a smooth writing surface (take THAT, Maldens! I hate the placement of the Malden zippers...) AND they keep the pages at the front and the back of my binders from curving near the rings.  

HOWEVER, the gal happily volunteered to look around and see if there were spares and said she would mail them free-of-charge.  I said I would like three to five.  She mailed me five within the week.  So nice!!!

That's the end of that story.

Now here's another.

Yesterday I went to Francis Orr stationers in Beverly Hills for the first time.  I wanted to check out their Filofax stuff.  They had a great selection, including A4 portfolios!  Had never seen those.  But here's the macabre part of the story.  As I approached the store I tried to make a left on Wilshire Boulevard (a main thoroughfare) but it was blocked off.  No traffic for blocks, but a cop car with spinning lights waaaay down the street.   I thought, "That's weird.  So empty".  I went around.

An hour-and-a-half later, I heard on my car radio that Whitney Houston had died.  In a hotel on Wilshire, a few blocks from the store.  They must have closed down the street for blocks around in order to keep the paparazzi from getting in close and photographing the removal of her body.

No comments:

Post a Comment