Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Need heavier paper than Moleskine

I need it!! Re-vamping set-up (of course) and realized part of my dissatisfaction with current system is that the pages of my Moleskine cahiers are so darn thin that I feel restricted to one side of the volume because of all the bleed thru. It makes it very hard to review/re-read if I use both sides.

Anyhoo, yesterday I started using a Clairfontaine spiral bound 5x8 (approx?) notebook I had in my stash and felt relief in the opacity of the pages. It politely supports my Varsity disposable fountain pen and my Pilot G-2 and my fat Papermate Velocity 1.6, discretely confining each to its own page.

Thank you, and good night.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats Clairfontaines. I love there paper. I just wish there was a local store that carried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Clairfontaines. I read that Rhodia uses the Clairf. in its web book, see http://www.europeanpaper.com/product/brand/rhodia-notebooks/notebooks/rhodia-pocket-webnotebook-prh910/ Apparently CF bought Rhodia... so nice that Rhodia actually gives us addicts specs on its paper... "Smooth Vellum; 90 gsm". Now one day they'll make planners... Right now I'm using Filofax pages and they tolerate my Staedtler skinny markers okay. DayTimer pages (not the sample pages that come in the cheap-o binders they sell at office supply stores, but the actual dated pages sold separately) have a good weight in comparison with most planner pages and they are beatifully smooooooooth. Unfortunately, I like the layout of the FF 2PPD better than the DayTimer 2PPD.

    ReplyDelete