Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vanity sizing on belt from Express

A couple of days ago I purchased a belt from Express. I wasn't sure if I should get a medium or a small, but went with the medium since I wear my jeans below my waist and since I just can't wrap my brain around the idea that I wear a small, even though I have some shirts and jackets labeled 'small'. I always figure it's vanity sizing. At 5'8", 143 pounds, I am not a small woman.

I tried on the new belt at home with my jeans and it was too big. I then pulled out my well-worn fifteen-year-old belt from Express and laid it on the bed next to the new one. It's shorter than the new belt. And it's a size large. The hole I use on the old belt, fourth from the end, lines up with the very last (tightest) hold of the new belt.

Good thing I kept my receipt.

Belt labels

Belt lengths

Belt holes

No comments:

Post a Comment